I feel like I’m 12 again. No I didn’t discover some magical fountain of youth or turn back time. I got InvisAlign. It’s like having braces all over again. I got it last week and just put in the second tray last night. The first few days were rough- swollen face, aching jaw, and gums that kept getting cut. Oh, and super dry lips. I used up a half of a tube of Lipsense Glossy Moisturizing Gloss. I’m doing much better this week. It’s more uncomfortable than painful. Right now, my jaw isn’t sitting right and it’s super annoying. Eating is a whole new experience. Taking the trays out isn’t easy and when your jaw is different than it was 2 weeks ago, you learn to chew again. But in 42 more weeks, I’ll have a better smile!
Someone asked me if I was going to keep blogging because I hadn’t in awhile. Truthfully, I’ve been busy dealing with personal shitstorms and looking for a job. I just saw on the news that a lot of companies aren’t hiring due to the government shut down. I try not to get to political on this blog, but damn. This is affecting EVERYONE and not in a good way. My husband watches the news everyday and I just can’t. All it is is political commentators talking over each other and speculating on what Trump is gonna do next. Waste of time. But hey, at least they have jobs and are getting paid! Maybe I should become a political commentator..
Enough crap. The purpose of this blog isn’t to whine, it’s to tell you what stuff I’m into lately. So here goes:
- Flared Jeans: I’m so happy flares are coming back! Skinny jeans and boots are cool, but nothing is more flattering than a pair of flared jeans and heels. I’ve been wearing the Rock & Roll Cowgirl Trouser jeans since last spring and I love them. I think they look cute with heels or with boots. I’ve been wearing my ankle boots with them too. Go buy yourself a pair.
- American Style on CNN: I love documentaries and I love fashion. (I was a Fashion Merchandising Major in college.) Since this combines two of my loves, it’s no surprise how much I enjoyed it. It’s a 4 part series that starts with the 40’s and continues to present time. The show is really well thought out and shows how fashion changes as the times change.
- Spicy Margaritas: When I first heard about spicy margaritas, I immediately thought they sounded weird. Then I remembered how I like a spicy Bloody Mary and decided to try them. I got the Bravado Spice Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita Mix and brought it to our Girls Weekend. It’s so good! Last week, we went out to eat at BJ’s Brewhouse and they had pineapple chili margaritas. Yum!
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Piccoult: My cousin recommended this book to me and then gave me her old copy. I couldn’t put it down. It’s about a school shooting and told from the point of view of the shooter, the lawyer, and another student. I’d love it if they made a movie!
- Baseball hats: I’m growing my hair out. It’s at that awkward stage between short and long. You know, where it sits on your collar and flips out and looks dumb. I can pull it into a short pony tail, so I’ve been using a hat lately to try to look human. My favorite hat is from our trip to Anna Maria Island but I also really like this one from Amazon.
- BCG Quilted Outdoor Jacket: This is a pretty light jacket and definitely not for cold temps, but I like it. I got it last month and I wear it at least twice a week. Today I’m wearing it with a camo t shirt underneath. I’ve also worn it to the gym, with my Johnny Cash shirt, and yes, usually with a baseball hat. In fact, right now I’m wearing this jacket, my baseball hat, and my flared jeans mentioned above.
- Big Little Lies Season 1: Reese Witherspoon can do no wrong. I read this book and loved it. I got even more excited when I found out she was making it into a miniseries and playing Madeline. I’m not a huge fan of Nicole Kidman, but she was good in this show. I am a huge fan of Zoe Kravitz and she played Bonnie. Seriously, she is the most beautiful human being ever. I cannot even look directly at her. I just heard it got renewed for Season 2. I’m not sure how that would work since there is only one book and they finished it up in Season 1, but I’ll definitely be watching! The music is perfect for the show too and I’ve downloaded some to my phone.
That’s just some of the stuff I’m into. We’ve still been trying new restaurants every so often but we do have some favorites now. We keep saying we want to go to Lost 40 Brewery for their Sunday brunch but then we forget until about 2:00 Sunday and by that time it’s over. It’s supposed to be in the 50’s this weekend so we may try to go out and hike. I really want to go to Hot Springs and hike in Lake Catherine State Park and bring our dog. He needs a good long walk so hiking would be perfect. I’ve also been taking group fitness classes at the gym trying to find new workouts. Tuesday I did a Barre class. Holy crap! Now I know why ballet dancers have incredible legs!
Oh and before I go, someone asked me and yes, I’m still using the Ordinary Skincare. I sent a snap to a few friends last night and can’t believe how good my skin looks with no makeup and no filter!
What kind of stuff are you into lately? I need some book suggestions!
Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
The Other Woman by Sandie Jones
The Man I never met by Adam Schefter
A Spark of light by Jodi Picoult