I swear the weekends go by faster and faster lately. I feel like it should still be Friday night. We spent the weekend hanging out with friends, watching basketball (all of our teams lost…) and we went to brunch at Raduno. I’m mad at myself for waiting so long to try this place because now we won’t have many more days to enjoy it. We move to Boston in five weeks! We’re waiting on the closing of the house and we need to start packing, but I’m starting to get more excited now. I’ve been checking the weather there and I’m NOT excited about the cold, but I am looking forward to all of the places we will get to see. The restaurants in Boston look amazing! It’s probably a good thing I have access to a gym as I plan on thoroughly doing my research on brunch spots before friends and family start to visit. Other than researching Boston, here are 10 things I’m into this month:
- Ulta Moisturizing Foundation Stick: I got this for our trip to Boston because I didn’t want to bring a large container of MAC foundation on the plane. It’s good for everyday makeup or touchups. When we traveled last weekend, I threw it in my purse for touchups between a birthday party and seeing my friends. It’s only $14 so grab two if you want to contour your face.
- Milani Anti Gravity Mascara: I saw this on TikTok and ended up buying it when my old mascara ran out. It doesn’t clump and it dries quickly so it doesn’t make a mess like some mascaras. (Makeup artists and friends have a particular mascara they rave about that I HATE. It’s wet and gets all over my eyelids even after five minutes!) The brush is a little weird but it’s still easy to use and affordably priced.
- Dr.Teal Body Lotion: I am really picky about body lotion. If it doesn’t soak in right away, I won’t use it. That said, I really like this brand. It’s $5 for a big bottle, it soaks in right away, and it’s not greasy. My favorite scent is the Coconut Oil or the Citrus. One of my friends says the Lavender scent helps with sleep but since nothing helps me sleep, I’m just going to take her word for it. You can get this at Walmart or Target.
- Quest Chips Spicy Sweet Chili: I said that my New Years resolution was to eat more chips and now I found a way to do it in a more healthy way. I’m not a huge fan of Quest bars so I was skeptical of these at first, but they are really tasty! I was surprised how crunchy they are. My other favorite flavor is Chili Lime. I’ve found some flavors in Walmart and Target but I usually just order a box off of Amazon because it’s cheaper and I don’t have to search.
- Dominique Sachse YouTube Channel: I found Dominique a few years ago when I was searching for ways to style my short hair and now I look forward to her videos each week. She’s a former news anchor in Houston. Her channel is made up of hair and makeup tutorials along with health and wellness videos. Her content is geared toward the forty and up women and I love it. She’s classy and she shows products in a variety of price points instead of just showing fancy designer clothing and prestige makeup. If you’re not into watching videos, follow her on Instagram!
- Busbee Style YouTube Channel: I really like this channel for style, but Erin Busbee definitely has more money than I do! Even though most of her clothing is beyond my budget, she demonstrates some great style hacks that anyone can use. Try her J Crew sleeve rolling trick- it will make your button down shirts look so much better! Her Instagram is full of helpful tips too.
- Hell and Gone Podcast: This is my FAVORITE true crime podcast. The host, Catherine Townsend, is an Arkansas native and private investigator who investigates unsolved cases in Arkansas. She just started Season 4 about a murder in Little Rock that happened in 2015. Her first season investigated a murder near Mountain View that occurred in 2004 and there was finally an arrest in 2021. This podcast is different because it’s not just someone talking about the crime- she actually interviews suspects and she really researches her leads. Weirdly, her voice is soothing so she’s easy to listen to.
- Hoka Clifton 8 Shoes: I have REALLY flat feet. I’ve tried for years to find athletic shoes that don’t hurt my feet. I’ve tried Asics, Saucony, Nike, New Balance, and even Sketchers. I’ve probably tried more than that but I can’t remember. My husband got some Hokas for running and convinced me to try a pair. I finally broke down last fall and just last week, I purchased my second pair. This is the only brand of shoes that makes me look forward to a workout. So far I’ve worn the Rincon and Clifton styles. Hokas are really lightweight and comfortable. In fact, these are so comfortable that my husband bought a new pair the day before the Little Rock Marathon and ran the entire marathon without breaking them in. They’re that good.
- MAC Mini Lipstick: I saw these at Ulta and picked up one in the shade Mehr to throw in my purse. I really like having a tiny lipstick because it takes me forever and a day to use up an entire tube. I usually end up throwing it away before it’s gone. Plus, if you don’t love the color, you know you didn’t spend the money to buy entire tube. Something about MAC makeup just makes me happy. Every time I open up a tube of MAC and smell it, (Yes MAC lipsticks even smell amazing), I have flash backs to the early 2000’s when my friends and I would go out all the time. We may have aged, but our love for MAC makeup hasn’t.
- Elta MD Tinted Sunscreen: If you’re not wearing sunscreen on a daily basis, you need to start immediately. Unless you want skin cancer and wrinkles. Then by all means, don’t wear it. I get this from my dermatologist but you can also order online. I really like this because it evens out skin tone while protecting the skin. It doesn’t give a weird white cast like some sunscreens and it’s doesn’t make your makeup change color either. I really like it for days that I don’t wear makeup as well.
We spent last weekend in Iowa seeing our new niece, going to our granddaughter’s birthday party, and finishing it all up with dinner out at Fongs with some of our best friends. I kind of got teary leaving friends because I don’t know when I’ll see them again. Lucky for us, they’ve all promised to visit us in Boston. We’ll be back in Iowa in July for my stepdaughter’s wedding- which I still haven’t found a dress for! I figure I’ll wait until we move because there are more stores in Boston. If nothing else, I’ll order several online and try them on in the comfort of my own home. James has started training for his new job so he’s traveling more.
Please let me know if you try out any of these things and like them- or if you try them and don’t like them. It seems I’ve turned a lot of people on to the Dollar General razors! It makes me so happy when people reach out to me and tell me they love something I’ve recommended!
**All opinions are my own and this blog post is not compensated**