I really meant to update this last month, but between packing up our Arkansas house and moving halfway across the country, I didn’t have a ton of time. I promised myself I’d update at least once a month and I really hate when I don’t. Our move to Boston was stressful and emotional (I had a few meltdowns trying to unpack) but so far we are loving it. Moving from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment is no joke, especially when that move is half way across the country. We closed on our house on the 28th and took 3 days to drive up here. Deuce did great with the traveling and he’s adjusting to apartment life pretty well. Actually, he’s living his best life because we have to walk him now instead of letting him out in the backyard. I’m working at home full time now so he’s rarely alone anymore. But other than hanging out with my dog or putting an apartment together, here are 10 things I’m really into this month:
- Disbest Yoga Tank Top: I dislike baggy workout tank tops. When I workout, they get in the way. It’s annoying when I try to do yoga and my tank top falls over my head, blinding me to anything happening around me. I looked all over for fitted workout tanks since Old Navy discontinued my favorite, and I finally found some on Amazon(shocking). I have this in gray and blue. They fit perfectly, don’t roll up or move during a workout, and they’re less than $20.
- Nespresso Vertuo Next: We got rid of our old Keurig and espresso machine when we moved. Since we have less counter space in the apartment, we wanted a machine that could make both. We saw this at Target but they didn’t have it in stock so we ended up ordering off of Amazon. This makes coffee that makes me feel like I picked it up from a coffee shop. The only downside is that I can’t find the correct pods in any store so I have to order them from Amazon as well.
- BTFBM Women’s Casual Dress: I’ve decided to start wearing dresses more. They look cute and you don’t have to try to put together an entire outfit. I ordered this in deep blue and I absolutely love it. We went out to dinner last weekend and I got a few compliments on it. I’ll be wearing this a lot and I’m tempted to order it in another color. It’s only $33 so order two! I ordered a size M and it fit perfectly.
- UTENAG Women’s Arch Support Sandals: Orthotic sandals don’t seem real sexy, do they? I have a horrible time finding sandals because of my flat feet. I can’t wear slides or flip flops because I need a strap around my ankle. I also need arch support because I’m very old. After looking at several stores, I finally ordered these from Amazon figuring I could return them if needed. They’re really comfortable and cute. I wore them last weekend while we went shopping and they’re really comfortable. I ordered them in beige but they come in several different colors. They’re only $40!
- FURTALK Women’s Panama Hat: I love hats. They elevate an outfit and you don’t have to fix your hair. I wore this hat with the above mentioned dress and with some shorts and loved it. I got the cream white color but again, they have several. If you only buy one accessory this summer, get this. It’s only $23, you can stuff it in your purse when you don’t want to wear it, and it goes with any summer outfit.
- MIHOLL Women’s V Neck Tshirt: I ordered this on a whim but I love it. I wanted a whiteT that wasn’t too fitted but wasn’t extremely baggy or cropped. This is perfect. It has a V neck, pocket, and cuffed sleeves so it isn’t boring. I wore it with skinny jeans and I wore it with shorts and the above-mentioned hat and sandals. I already know I’ll order this in another color. If you’re worried about sizing, I just ordered my normal size M and it fits perfectly.
- Morphe Blush Balm Soft Focus Cream Blush: There is no fun story about this. I ran out of my Ulta brand cream blush and they didn’t have it in stock so I bought this. I actually like this better and it’s less expensive! I have the color Provocative Petal and it’s a nice peachy-pink. It doesn’t slide off in the heat either.
- Mystic Tan Wake Up Tan Face Serum: Hyaluronic Acid is one of the best anti aging ingredients on the market. Self tanner with hyaluronic acid? Sign me up! I use this at night before I go to bed and wake up with a tan. This doesn’t give as much color as some of the other tanners out there but I really like it.
- Hot Springs Natural Headache Balm: I’ve used this for a few years but I think everyone should have this. I get a lot of sinus headaches and can’t take any decongestants because of my heart condition. This isn’t a miracle cure, but it takes the edge off. I rub this on my forehead, temples or wherever my headache is. I also use it on the back of my neck when I get such a bad headache that I can’t turn my head. It smells good but it isn’t too strong so you won’t annoy other people with it all day.
- Ever Spring Cleaning Products: Since we moved, I needed all new cleaning products. So far, I’ve used the Tub & Tile Cleaner, Granite & Stone Cleaner, and the All Purpose Cleaner. I am really picky on scent (some cleaning products give me a headache) so I like the Mandarin and Ginger scent because it smells fresh without being overpowering. These aren’t expensive and they get the job done. As far as I know, they’re only available at Target.
I feel like I’ve bought a lot of new stuff for the apartment but most of it is boring organizational stuff. The apartment is still a work in progress. We’re waiting to get a storage unit and after that, I’ll be able to organize more. We’ve lived here for three weeks now so we’re starting to get into a routine. On the weekends, we’ve went out exploring. So far, we’ve eaten out at Cheers, Dryft, Papagayos, and Legal C Bar. If you’ve watched the TV show, then you’d love Cheers. You really do walk down the stairs (just like the show!) and into the bar. The bar is pretty small but you can go upstairs where they have the set bar and a gift shop. Brunch at Dryft was really good and we walked down Revere Beach afterward. James chose Legal C because he wanted lobster and we went to Papagayos for the guacamole. Legal C and Papagayos are in the Assembly Row District. This district has a lot of restaurants and shops. We went there last night and then again today. I saw cute dress in a window and went back to buy it! We really love the location of our apartment as it’s close to a lot of places- we can find anything we want within 20 minutes. We’re hoping to go to a Red Sox game soon and we’ll do some more exploring on Memorial Day Weekend.
Have a great day and let me know if you try any of these products!
** All opinions are my own and I am not compensated for this post **