I said this in my last post and I still feel the same- time is going WAY too quickly this summer! It’s the end of July and I feel like summer barely started. The month of July has sped by particularly fast. We went back to Iowa for 10 days for my stepdaughter’s wedding and to see family. It was a beautiful wedding and I’m so happy that everything went so well. The pics that I’ve seen so far are gorgeous. I’m so excited to see the rest of the photos when the photographer is finished with them! We spent last Saturday at the International Sandscultpure Festival at Revere Beach. People from all over the world come to visit and compete. It was hot and humid but walking by the beach seems to make it more bearable. I’m into being at the beach as much as possible during the summer months. I’m also into using Uber so that we don’t have to worry about parking. And other than those things, here are 10 products I’m into right now:
- Corn Huskers Lotion: My grandma used to have this lotion sitting on the window sill above her sink. I would use it when I visited her. Last weekend, I noticed a bottle sitting next to the sink at my parent’s house and grabbed it My feet were horribly sore and dry from being in heels all day at the wedding and this helped to get rid of my cracked skin. I ordered mine from Amazon but you might be able to find this at Walmart as well. My husband said it smells like corn but I think it just smells like summer at my grandmas. Speaking of my grandma, she turned 89 last week!
- Langwyqu Women’s Crewneck Tank Top: I ordered two of these from Amazon and I love them. Here’s where I made the mistake- I wanted it to be a little baggy so I ordered a large. I should have stuck with a medium. Now I own one in each size but prefer the medium. I hate tanks that have the arm holes so big that your bra shows on the side and this one doesn’t (as long as you have the correct size). I own this in white (size L) & navy (size M) and I’ll probably get it in more colors too. It’s good to wear on it’s own or under a cardigan. Even though it’s close to 90 degrees today, the fashion bloggers have told me that fall is coming soon.
- SEINT contour: I’ve been seeing SEINT (formerly Maskcara) makeup all over Instagram for about 2 years now. Since my former coworker sells it, I decided to buy some from her. The highlight color that I got is too light for my skin right now, but I think I’ll like it this winter. That said, I’m really into the contour product. So many companies make contour that is too warm so it doesn’t work the way it should. I have the color Ash and I love it. If you need help, the SEINT makeup artist can color match you! I’d be happy to introduce you to the one I know!
- Love by Design One Shouldered Dress: Word to the wise- don’t search the terms “stepmother of the bride dress”. I made that mistake and the only dresses that came up were made for a pilgrim, Betty White (RIP) and Kim Kardashian. None of those were my vibe so I went back and searched for wedding guest dress. This dress popped up and I ordered it right away. Pro tip: Size up one to two sizes. I ordered a size M and when I got it in the mail, I tried it on and it was waaayyy too small. I couldn’t even get it up over my hips. I ended up with a size XLarge and it fit perfectly. I could have fit into a size L but the XL was much more comfortable. Thank goodness, because I wore it for over 12 hours the day of the wedding. The dress is stretchy so it fits even after a week of eating all the food in your moms house. (Maybe that’s just me!) I got this in the color Rose Quartz, but this comes in a lot of different colors and patterns. I got a lot of compliments on the dress at the wedding too! For only $50, this dress is a steal!
- Express Tiered Sleeveless Mock Neck Dress: I saw this in the window at the Express outlet and then went into buy it the next day. It was on sale for $20! The elastic at the waist makes it comfortable and makes you look skinnier than you are. I have no pics of me in this dress since I forgot my phone at the hotel when we went to wedding rehearsal. Most people lose their phone while they’re drunk- I just leave mine in the hotel room stone cold sober. Augh. I should have made my husband take a pic. I got a lot of compliments on this dress as well. I wore it with my new Freebird Claw sandals.
- Sephora Collection Soft Matte Blush Duo: Did I need a new blush? Nope. But my hairstylist, Kelsey, mentioned it and I went and bought it within 30 minutes after my appointment. It held up to wearing all day on the day of the wedding. I bought this in the color Sweet Pea but they have a lot of pretty colors. If you’re looking for blush that doesn’t cost $40, this is a good one! it’s very pigmented so you don’t have to use a lot. I don’t know why so many people don’t like blush- it makes you look more awake and youthful. Trust me on this one.
- Tatcha The Silk Canvas Primer: I usually use primer from The Ordinary, but I saw this in the checkout line at Sephora and decided to try the travel size. It’s NOT cheap, but it’s worth it- especially for a special occasion. I wore this at the wedding and my makeup didn’t budge. I also wore it when we went to the Sandsculpture Festival and my makeup stayed on in 90+ degree heat. I definitely won’t be using this everyday, but I’ll keep it for special occasions.
- Soap & Glory Scrub Of Your Life Exfoliating Body Scrub: I got this in Target the day before I got a spray tan for the wedding. I love these products because they do a great job without breaking the bank. I also like that this is in a squeeze tube because I hate products that you have to dip your fingers into! Gross! This smells nice and fresh!
- I Guess I Haven’t Learned That Yet by Shauna Niequist: I heard Shauna Niequist on a podcast and I ordered her book as soon as I was finished listening. Shauna writes about moving across the country and how difficult it was to learn a new way of life. Needless to say, I related to this a lot! Moving from the Midwest, to the South, then to the Northeast in 4 years isn’t easy on a person or on a couple. We’ve lived here for three months now and I’m still not completely used to it yet. This book helped me to realize I wasn’t alone feeling this way and that I’m able to adapt- it’s just going to take some time. Even if you’re not moving halfway across the country, this is worth a read.
- All In Motion Lightweight Liner Athletic Socks: I HATE socks that claim to be no-show, but then show when you’re wearing tennis shoes. These actually live up to their claim. They fit well, don’t bunch at the toes, and they don’t get weird after you wash them. These are only $12 for a pack of 4!
I know I said this before, but I’m amazed at how quickly this summer has gone. Between the wedding and adjusting to the move, I feel like it went too quickly. I’m loving the exploring that we’ve been doing. Yesterday we went to the Back Bay area and did some wandering. That is my favorite way to see Boston- go to a new neighborhood, walk around, find some interesting shops, and a cool restaurant for lunch. Yesterday, we ate at Capital Burger and our waitress was from Mankato, MN! She noticed James’s ISU hat and asked us about it. We also wandered into the Prudential Building and into Eataly, where I had my first gelato in 20 years. It was just as good as I remembered. We split a small cup and James agreed it was delicious. Eataly is a marketplace with grocery items and restaurants. I’m so excited to take guests there when they visit!
Enjoy these products- and what’s left of summer!
**I am not compensated for this post and all opinions are my own**